Wednesday 30 January 2019

Learning skills

It is report card writing time...in case you've seen a teacher and thought they look a bit more frazzled than normal. I am a big believer in the importance of learning skills. My Mom taught me that what she looked at first and foremost was that first page of the report card. If you got a C or D in a subject but got Gs and Es in your learning skills she knew you had done your best.

That being last week I took advantage of the snow days to conference with students and show them their learning skills marks IF reports went home that very day (they don't they go home in a few weeks). I explained what students got a particular letter and how they could improve. I also told them they had a week or so to change their grade (hopefully for the better). Might be a good idea to ask them how the conference with Mme went.

No comments:

Post a Comment